Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Workshop: “I need a trim. A bit off the sides”


No, I haven't started to cut hair in my shop... even though I could. And buzz cuts would be my specialty. ("Where's my circular saw?")


But I have no room to trim hair. Birdhouses cover almost every surface, each waiting their turn - like customers in a barber shop - for a trim job.


In my opinion, a bit of trim makes a birdhouse look better, just like ‘a bit off the sides’ improves the appearance of a shaggy-haired boy that has stumbled reluctantly through a barber’s door. 


On Tuesday I cut many thin strips of scrap cedar and pine - they cover the floor too - and yesterday, after buying another year’s supply of one inch nails - I got at it. 


Busy days ahead, but when I’m done with the trim, I bet you’ll agree that each birdhouse is lookin’ a bit better.

Tune in later to see.

[Photo by G.Harrison]

***

There’s another reason I add trim. Can you guess what it is?

Please click here for more from The Workshop.

No comments: