Monday, October 8, 2012

Fun and Fitness: “I’ll do it my way”

As long as I’m having fun, I’ll keep riding my bike, playing hockey, and walking here and there to maintain my superb fitness level.

[Tangent: About my ‘superb’ fitness. Between periods of a recent hockey game a young friend said I was looking really good. I put it down to the angle between us... and florescent lighting.]


Last week I had three good bike rides (RD - ave. 31 miles each), one hockey game (HKY - my older son scored our team’s only goal), and three brisk walks (WK), for a total of 112 miles or points, 12 above my weekly goal. 

That gives me 603 extra points (EXT). And if I keep doing it my way, I’ll set a new record for EXT by mid-November, and celebrate with a cold IPA. 

Talk about yer motivation!

[Photo by G.Harrison]

***

What motivates you to exercise?


No comments: