Monday, October 29, 2012

Fun and Fitness: “Hey!! What’s up?”

I know. I didn’t reach my goal - to cycle 100 miles - last week. 88 miles ain’t bad, but what happened?

 ["Only 88 miles. What's with that, Gordie?"]

Well, there I was last night, pedalling at a steady clip, prepared to cover 26 miles (that would net me 101 miles total), with another WW2 history book in my hand, and Game 4 of the World Series on a small TV, when the phone rings...

Gord: Hello, Harrison residence. If you’re a telemarker I want  you to go away and leave me alone ‘cause I’m...

Paul (my younger son): No, Dad, it’s me. Want to get together for a ‘Pepsi’? (That’s code for Monk’s Flemish sour ale).

Gord (conflicted, terribly conflicted): Sure. I can cool down and be ready in 20 minutes.

["I'll get back to work tonight"]

I cooled down, closed my book, showered and settled in for another type of evening. A ‘Pepsi’ sipping evening. So this week my work is cut out for me. Goal - 113 miles.

[Photos by GH]

***

If at first you don’t succeed... What else works here?

Please click here for more Fun and Fitness
   

No comments: